Paths to Health NM: Tools for Healthier Living is a group of programs that support people to prevent or manage diabetes and other chronic health conditions or injuries. These programs help adults gain the confidence and skills they need to manage their health.
Paths to Health NM programs are taught by trained community members.
Benefits of Paths to Health NM Programs
- Increased confidence and self-management skills
- Improved health benefits and quality of life
- Programs can prevent or reduce the risk of chronic health conditions
- Programs are multicultural and for adults of all ages
- Most programs available in English and Spanish
Learn new skills that will help you feel better!
Paths to Health NM programs include:
- National Diabetes Prevention Program
- Program for adults with prediabetes or at risk for developing diabetes.
- Kitchen Creations
- Healthy cooking classes for adults with diabetes.
- Chronic Disease Self-Management Education Programs
- Multiple programs that support adults with a range of chronic health conditions.
- Tai Chi for Arthritis and Falls Prevention
- Exercise program that relieves arthritis pain, prevents falls and improves overall health.
- Tai Ji Quan: Moving for Better Balance®
- Exercise program that focuses on improving balance and strength.
- A Matter of Balance: Managing Concerns About Falls
- Program that reduces the fear of falling and increases physical activity.
- Physical therapy program for older adults at the highest risk of falling.
- Walk with Ease
- Walking program that reduces arthritis pain and improves overall health.
- YMCA Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring
- Program designed to help adults lower and manage their blood pressure.
Call (505) 850-0176 or (575) 703-2343