ILRC can support accessibility at home and in the community.
ILRC assists individuals who meet our income criteria and have a disability to pay for home or vehicle modifications, as well as computer technology and adaptive equipment to help maintain or improve independence. Our Technical Services Program can support you in living in your own home and participating in your local community. TSP is a funder of last resort after all other funding sources have been exhausted.
If you are interested in starting an application for our Technical Services Program, please call your local ILRC office to speak with one of our Independent Living Specialists. A list of our offices and phone numbers can be found at the bottom of this page.
Counties we serve:
- Dona Ana
Home Modification Projects
Consumer’s bathroom before home modification
Consumer’s bathroom after home modification
Closeup of Consumer’s bathroom after home modification
Consumer using their stair chair lift after home modification project
- RAMP Application & Fact Sheet Governor’s Commission on Disability – Residential Accessibility Modification Program (RAMP) for ADA compliant ramps
- New Mexico Ramp Project Volunteer program that builds wooden ramps in Bernalillo, Dona Ana, and Eddy Counties in New Mexico
- USDA – Rural Development Single Family Housing Repair Loans & Grants in New Mexico
- New Mexico Housing Corporation Provides weatherization services for central New Mexico
- San Juan Center For Independence Provides services in remaining New Mexico Counties
- NM Technology Assistance Program Provides assistive technology (AT) services in New Mexico
- Back In Use Provides recycled assistive devices
- Diverse IT Provides computer classes and refurbished computers for people with disabilities