MFA’s COVID-19 Homeowner Assistance Program can help pay your past-due or current mortgage payments if you are experiencing a financial hardship because of COVID-19. This page contains all of the information you need to determine if you qualify for assistance and includes instructions on how to apply for the program.
Applications will are currently being accepted. Click here to apply for rental assistance. To request that a paper application be mailed to you, call 505.308.4206 or 866.488.0498.
The COVID-19 Homeowner Assistance Program provides emergency housing grants to income-eligible households and residents of tribal lands experiencing financial hardship due to the COVID-19 health crisis.
These grants are mortgage payments made on behalf of income-eligible applicants and residents of tribal lands, up to $1,500 per month for a period of up to three (3) consecutive months, to maintain housing and/or to reduce housing cost delinquency due to the COVID-19 health crisis. Some mobile/manufactured home lot rental payments may also be covered.
MFA will pay your past-due housing payments directly to your mortgage or loan servicer, escrow company or other housing provider. The assistance does not have to be repaid.
- Current annual gross household income of 80 % or less of the area median income adjusted for family size OR residence on tribal lands. A list of income limits by county and family size can be found at housingnm.org
- New Mexico residency.
- Proof of the amount of housing payments due and attestation that other assistance has not been received for the same payments.
- All housing payments must have been made through February 28, 2020.
- Certify that there has been a COVID-related financial hardship.
- Applicant must not have previously received funding from the COVID-19 Housing Cost Assistance Program within the last 12 months
An online application for the COVID-19 Homeowner Assistance Program can be found on MFA’s website: housingnm.org. Paper applications may be requested by calling 505.308.4206 or toll free 866.488.0498. MFA will make payments directly to servicers, escrow companies or other housing providers.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: