The City of Albuquerque (CABQ) is offering free Question Persuade Refer (QPR) Gatekeeper Training. QPR is an evidence-based method for suicide prevention for teens and adults to use in their communities and workplaces.
Just as people trained in CPR help save thousands of lives each year, people trained in QPR learn how to recognize the warning signs of a suicide crisis and how to question, persuade, and refer someone to help.
This training teaches participants to:
- Question, Persuade and Refer someone who may be suicidal to get help for themselves and learn more about preventing suicide.
- Identify the common causes of suicidal behavior.
- Recognize the warning signs of suicide.
- Get help for someone in crisis.
Each of us has the power to help a friend, colleague, family member, or neighbor in crisis. You do not need to be a mental health professional to take this class (must be 12 or older). Trainings will be held virtually over Zoom.
Upcoming Training Dates:
- June 8, 2023, 8:30 -10:00 a.m.
- July 18, 2023, 3:00 – 4:30 p.m.