New Mexicans may now order free, at-home, self-administered COVID-19 saliva tests, with accurate laboratory-confirmed results returned within 24-48 hours of receipt of the sample.
You can order your free, at-home test from Vault Health.
Who is eligible?
- The free tests are available to New Mexico residents regardless of exposure risk– whether they are symptomatic or asymptomatic, and whether they have come into close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 positive individual or not.
- You must have access to online-video conferencing via Zoom.
- You do not have to have insurance to receive a free kit — but if you have insurance, have your insurance information ready when you request your kit.
What do you need to order a test?
- Your photo ID (any type of ID will work, whether it is government-issued or from your place of work or school),
- Your insurance card (if you have one),
- An email address,
- A device (smartphone, tablet, or computer) with access to the internet and online-video conferencing via Zoom are needed to order a test and to perform your test over Zoom with a test supervisor.
How does it work?
- First, go online to learn.vaulthealth.com/nm/ to have a testing kit sent to you via UPS. Have your insurance card handy, if you are insured (uninsured persons can also receive a free kit).
- This at-home saliva test is offered at no cost from the State of New Mexico, and you will not be asked for your credit card information. If the system does ask you for payment, this is an error; close your browser and try again.
- When your kit arrives, do not eat, drink or smoke for at least 30 minutes.
- Follow the mailed instructions to log on via Zoom where a testing expert will show you how to collect your saliva sample. You must have a photo ID and your insurance card (if you have one) handy when you connect via Zoom.
- Mail the sample back and your results will arrive 24 to 48-hours later.
Curative has partnered with the DOH to provide oral tests at Balloon Fiesta Park. The oral test is far less invasive and much more comfortable than the nasal swab. Check out curative.com to schedule a drive-through appointment.
If you would prefer an in-person nasal swab test, the state of New Mexico continues to make free in-person testing available at dozens of sites statewide each day. To find a testing location near you, visit togethernm.org.