Place Your Order for Free At-Home COVID-19 Tests
Effective December 15, 2022, free at-home COVID-19 rapid tests are available for order and shipment through the United States Postal Service®. Orders will start shipping the week of December 19, 2022. Residential households in the U.S. can order one set of 4 free at-home tests from USPS.com. Here’s what you need to know about your order:
- Only 1 order per household may be placed, regardless of the size of the household
- One order includes 4 individual rapid antigen COVID-19 tests (COVID.gov/tests has more details about at-home tests, including extended shelf life and updated expiration dates)
- Orders will ship free starting the week of December 19, 2022
- An order number will be provided after order entry
- A tracking number will be sent upon shipment of the order if you provided an email address
Please check the test packaging for the quantity of tests included in each box and the expiration date. Before You Throw Out “Expired” Tests: Check to see if your COVID-19 tests’ expiration dates have been extended.
If you do not have access to the internet and need to place an order by phone
Call the covidtests.gov test kit order fulfillment helpline at 1-800-232-0233 (TTY 1-888-720-7489)
Hours: 8 am – Midnight Eastern, 7 days per week.
The Disability Information and Access Line (DIAL) is also available to specifically help people with disabilities place their orders. To get help, call 1-888-677-1199, Monday-Friday from 9 am to 8 pm Eastern, or email DIAL@usaginganddisability.org.